I am a Registered Psychologist with full registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and hold a masters degree in Clinical Psychology.
I have an extensive experience working across a variety of government and non-government settings including: Department of Correctional Services, Disability SA, youth residential care, and employment assistance programs. The majority of my background is working within the disability sector and I hold a vast knowledge base in this area.
I have experience delivering a number of evidence-based therapeutic approaches which include Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT), Metacognitive Therapy, Cognitive Processing Therapy, and Mindfulness. I strive to stay up to date with research literature and regularly attend professional development activities.
I am interested and have experience working with people across the lifespan in the following areas:
- Mood Disorders (Depression and Bipolar Affective Disorder)
- Anxiety Disorders (Social Phobia, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, Specific Phobia, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Trauma
- Behaviour management strategies
- Sleep problems
- Adjustment Disorder
- Relationships including alternative relationship styles
- Anger management
- Identity and self-esteem
- Drug and Alcohol use
- Grief and Loss
I use a client-centred, holistic approach with an emphasis on the therapeutic relationship. It is my goal to make clients feel comfortable so that therapy can be as effective as possible.