I am a Registered Psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and a Member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS).
I have extensive experience working with children, young people and families in varied settings including government, non-government and private sectors. More specifically, I have worked with children and adolescents presenting with a range of mental health disorders and complex social needs. I also have experience in assessment and intervention of developmental difficulties including intellectual/learning disabilities and Autism Spectrum Disorder.
I utilise a non-judgemental, collaborative, strengths-based approach to support clients to understand and overcome the difficulties they are experiencing in their lives. Drawing upon a range of interventions my approach is individualised to meet the client’s needs. My practice is informed by Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive Processing Therapy (CTP), as well as Family Based Therapy (FBT) and Enhanced Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT-E) for eating disorders.
My areas of interest and experience include:
- Anxiety and anxiety disorders (including Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Mood difficulties and disorders (including depression and Bipolar Affective Disorder)
- Stress and adjustment difficulties
- Eating and feeding disorders
- Grief and loss
- Childhood trauma and neglect
- PTSD and complex trauma
- Family stress (including exposure to family violence and parental separation)
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Gender identity
- Self-esteem and perfectionism
- Suicidality and deliberate self-harm
- Autism Spectrum Disorder