Hello! I am a Psychologist and Clinical Psychology Registrar. I have worked in the mental health sector since 2004 in volunteer, Government, private and Not-For-Profit agency roles. In that time I have been lucky to work with a diverse range of people across Adelaide and regional South Australia. I hold a Masters degree in Clinical Psychology, regularly attend professional development activities, am involved in cross-industry collaboration and deliver training to allied health professionals.
I bring experience in both assessment (Clinical, Educational and Vocational) and psychotherapy work to the Inspired Psychology team. I use evidence-based therapeutic approaches including:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT)
- Motivational Interviewing, and
- Mindfulness, depending on what is the best fit for an individual’s needs.
My strengths lie in my down to earth nature, attention to detail and practical approach. I enjoy helping people to build skills, achieve their goals and improve their quality of life and relationships.
I work with children, adolescents and adults who may be seeking assistance with the following:
- Depression and other mood issues and disorders
- Anxiety, including social anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder and phobias
- Grief, loss and life transitions
- Self esteem
- Substance (drug and alcohol) use
- Vocational counselling and planning
Additionally, I have experience in working with people across the lifespan presenting with chronic physical health conditions, Intellectual Disability, Learning Disorders and Autism Spectrum conditions.
My areas of professional interest include Autism Spectrum conditions and the evidence-based use of art and somatic therapies in Psychology. An area I would like to further develop my skills in is that of Psychological approaches to pain management.