My current role with Inspired Psychology involves facilitating the Inspired Psychology SociAble Kids group therapy program for the 7-11 age group. I am not currently taking referrals for individual assessment or therapy.
I am a Registered Psychologist with full registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and a Member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS).
For the last 14 years I have been working in various roles across the mental health care setting. These include working in a well-known and trusted charity and providing counselling and therapy services to clients with a Sensory Disability (vision and or hearing impaired) and children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families. It was during this time that I attended TAFE and completed my Certificate 2 in Auslan (Australian Sign Language).
I have many years of experience working with adults, children and families to assist them with a range of presenting difficulties including the management of anxiety, depression, self-esteem issues, stress management and behaviour management. I have also worked in several primary schools around Adelaide providing counselling to children and their families. While also providing education and consultation to teachers and school counsellors.
My therapy toolbox includes cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT), mindfulness and relaxation strategies, acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) and elements of positive psychology. I believe in a person centered and gentle approach to therapy and encourage clients to make positive and worthwhile changes in their lives through education, encouragement and empowerment.
Areas of interest and specialty with children and parents/caregivers include:
- Emotional regulation and building resilience
- Behaviour management strategies and social skills training
- Positive parenting techniques and parent coaching (e.g sleep issues, toilet training)
- Developing self management of tricky behaviours
- School difficulties and peer relationships (bullying, friendship difficulties, working effectively with school staff).
Areas of interest and speciality working across the lifespan include:
- Stress management
- Grief and loss
- Disability/diagnosis/illness acceptance and adjustment
- Sleep issues
- Anger management issues
- Reducing social isolation
- Psychoeducation and management of depression and anxiety
- Goal setting and taking steps to make a positive change.